Follow me...

heirloomtomato

About.

Contact.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Heirloom's



I've always admired the heirloom for its triumph. You see, heirlooms are described as the fruits and vegetables that were once cultivated by our ancestors, without additions of pesticides. Heirlooms are the true breed of what we know today. Unlike an ordinary tomato it varies in size, has multi colored skin, contains blemishes and imperfections (all of which makes it beautiful).In more recent years the Heirloom has made a successful comeback. There are so many varieties of heirlooms whether it be a yellow pear tomato, a winesap apple, or a rare scarlet Chinese eggplant.

I like to think of myself as a culinary heirloom that's vine-ripe.

As I venture off to the Culinary Institute of America (CIA) this fall and leave all that I know behind, I find it crucial to be as unique as I can be just like an heirloom. I'm also vine-ripe meaning I've arrived at a stage of growth or development that's just ready or matured. From JeremyCooks to now I'm ready to move forward with my culinary adventures.

Like an heirloom this blog is special. It marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and continues to chronicle my journey to becoming a chef. More then that it's my way of sharing my love for good food and cooking with others. I'll share recipes, but only through stories (real or imaginary) or lessons I've learned. I'll even introduce you to new and old friends of mine that share in the same passion. Please join me at my new table where there's always something to eat, a story to be told, and someone new to befriend!

Eat in good company,

Jeremy




1 comment:

  1. I cherish your journey, dear Jeremy! And I am listening! All the warmest wishes and love, you're totally heirloom!

    ReplyDelete

Jeremy's
Heirloom
A unique
food blog
that's
vine ripe.

Heirloom.